NSMB 2024 Full Suspension Thread

Jan. 1, 2024, 2:07 p.m.

Post your full suspension bike! Old or new, riding or leaning against a bench, doesn't matter. 

I'm once again buying the bike I own (2020 Reign). Based on my experience on the 2023 Reign tester, I plan to make a few small cockpit adjustments in the next few months. I also have a Deore derailleur ready to replace the tired GX Eagle one. The internet says it should work as drop in replacement, we'll see.

First ride of 2024 today in Cumberland, after more than a month off the MTB. 2 days without rain were just enough to have mostly dry-ish trails save for a few deep puddles. Good start of the year!

Happy New Year!

Jan. 2, 2024, 2:05 a.m.

my banshee titan v3.2 i build up in july after my orbea rise got stolen. soon to be replaced by a kenevo sl frame, reusing most of the parts (sans cranks and shock)

Jan. 2, 2024, 6:04 a.m.

2018 GG The Smash. Unapologetically metal. It was already obsolete when GG went full carbon, but now that GG went full KIA it's truly a relic of the past. I have no plans to get rid of it or replace it. It's a super fun FS bike and it's paid for so when I want to ride with full monkey motion I'll grab it. That urge has not been frequent the last few years, but I did get in 18 rides in 2023 down in UT/AZ on a road trip. I see that mission as its future. Smashing rocks in the desert seems like a fine way for The Smash to live out its days.

Other than maintenance no upgrades/changes planned. If something wears out or breaks I'll replace it. If I damage or break the frame I'll hang it up on the wall of the garage.

Jan. 2, 2024, 8:29 a.m.

Posted by: [email protected]

I also have a Deore derailleur ready to replace the tired GX Eagle one. The internet says it should work as drop in replacement, we'll see.

Should be fine, I replaced an NX with SLX. With all other Sram bits still in place, it worked well.

Jan. 2, 2024, 9:25 a.m.

Replaced a GX with an XT, Shimano cable routing without the rolla-ma-jig created more resistance which was noticeable. Ran Shimano housing and cable on both. Had to put in a new run of housing for the XT too because of the extra loop at the back. '18 Reign was quite a bit of faff to get housing through the back end, hope '20 is more streamlined.

Jan. 2, 2024, 9:32 a.m.

Happy New Year!

Despite frequent temptations, I have no plans to stray from my Propain Tyee this year. It's a fun, versatile and capable bike. Currently running a mullet setup with coil for winter, back to 29ers and air shock for summer will make it feel more agile and efficient on longer days.

Last edited by: michel77 on Jan. 2, 2024, 9:32 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 7, 2024, 7:21 p.m.

I’m buying the bike I should have bought in 2022 - a REEB SST. I’ve been trying really hard to buy my existing Izzo or Stumpjumper Evo instead, but they invariably annoy me at one point or another during any given ride, so I’m consolidating. I used to think I could ride any frame if it had the right parts on it, but it turns out this bike captured my heart. 

The Fox 36, Super Deluxe Ultimate, and DT Swiss XMC 1200 wheels are coming outta the parts stash, but I’m very excited to be trying out Hope brakes on this rig for the first time.

Jan. 8, 2024, 2:12 p.m.

I have to say, the REEB bikes are stunningly beautiful - I'd love to try one. Looking forward to some pics!

I have to yet to snap some worthy pics of my "new" trail bike. (which is all recycled high end parts on a closeout Ibis Ripmo V2 Carbon frame) I didn't expect to be blown away, but I am - this thing is light, fun, efficient and capable in a very subtle way.

Of course there are so many hype reviews - honestly I believed them too good to be true. Turns out, they weren't. It's a standout bike (for me).

My "main" ride will continue to be the Madonna Raaw I've ridden for now five seasons. No need or desire to change.

I´d also love to try a current"ish" Reign. Had the 27.5" model for a while, was a cool bike, confidence inspiring. The seat angle didn't work for me, but seems improved on newer iterations.

Last edited by: Znarf on Jan. 8, 2024, 2:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 8, 2024, 2:43 p.m.

Sold my Banshee Prime frame last year and swapped the parts over to a S-works level Stumpjumper Evo frame, then added a cascade components link to boost the travel up to 158 and swapped in a 170mm Mezzer + CC Kitsuma Coil. This thing is wicked. It's been the perfect big trail bike.

Anything short of warp speed and shuttling, it's been my go-to. My shuttle bike remains a mullet - sometimes dual 29" Knolly Chilcotin.

For more pedally rides, I have a v1 Forbidden Druid w/ 150mm fork.

Last edited by: rnayel on Jan. 8, 2024, 2:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 8, 2024, 3:55 p.m.

Here is a shitty photo of my Banshee Prime 3.2. I just laced up some We Are One Triad's up to my trusty Chris King hubs and love them so far. Last year I went from SR Suntour Durolux forks to the Manitou Mezzer Pro's and went from my Fox air shock to the Cane Creek DB Coil IL....it's great in the rough stuff...but does not pedal nearly as well as it did with the air can....Maybe in the summer I will do more testing with it...but so far it's a helluva fun bike! Chris King BB waiting to be installed now too...after that...not much needs work. Been running the Microshift Advent X setup for the past year and a bit and it's been great too....a little clunky and loud shifting, but solid, have not had to touch it much at all, the only thing I would think about upgrading it with is the new XT with linkglide., oh...maybe bigger rotors too! We'll see what 2024 brings! 

Banshee Prime v3.2

Jan. 9, 2024, 7:34 a.m.

Capped off a full season coming back from a busted Fibula at the start of 23, and ending with my first ever rides on the Shore on the 2nd and 3rd of Jan this year. And now we must wait until the Ontario snow is gone and I can resume building and riding come March.

No major changes, and I will be buying the bike I already have. But how could I not. This Tyee is an incredible beast who happily climbs up whatever I have cardio to crank. She just got a full new fresh set of Continental rubber before this trip. Though that Cane Creek Tigon Coil over Air looks like a rad unit Id like to get some time on so we shall see what 2024 Holds. Though I did buzz the bejeebus out of my backside on the Boogieman coaster so maybe this year I get 'Hot for Mullet'...

Apologies to Vik. I Didnt have wheels to get up to Cumberland for some laps, I'll come scope your trails on Summer Block Leave 🤙

Leans on: Jordie Lunn climb summit, Bobsled, Mt Tzouhalem summit overlooking Cowichan Bay and Corkscrew

Jordie Lunn Leanin'

Bobsled LeanTzouhalem Lean

Corkscrew Leanin'

Last edited by: KDix85 on Jan. 9, 2024, 8:37 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 9, 2024, 9:58 a.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Sold my Banshee Prime frame last year and swapped the parts over to a S-works level Stumpjumper Evo frame, then added a cascade components link to boost the travel up to 158 and swapped in a 170mm Mezzer + CC Kitsuma Coil. This thing is wicked. It's been the perfect big trail bike.

Anything short of warp speed and shuttling, it's been my go-to. My shuttle bike remains a mullet - sometimes dual 29" Knolly Chilcotin.

For more pedally rides, I have a v1 Forbidden Druid w/ 150mm fork.

Is that a Flite saddle? Let's talk about that.

Jan. 9, 2024, 10:16 a.m.

@craw, yes flite saddle, it has red highlights, so I bought it to match the other red highlights. It's comfy.

I'm not too fussy about saddles. I wanted to be, I wanted to be more like Andrew Major, but in the end, I'm just not all that fussed.

Jan. 9, 2024, 12:51 p.m.

^looks like your druid frame up for sale on PB? that's a pretty decent price...

Jan. 9, 2024, 12:58 p.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

^looks like your druid frame up for sale on PB? that's a pretty decent price...

Yup, riding it until it sells. Until now, everyone who has been interested is in the US or Eastern Canada.