Official Coast Gravity Park thread

June 26, 2020, 10:19 a.m.

It looks like CGP are coming back for Summer - has anyone had any luck getting a day pass? I keep getting directed to season passes currently

Aug. 9, 2021, 1:04 a.m.

So I hear. Will be open all year. trails are being constructed at this moment. Lift will go in the following year… ..or something like that I hear.

April 11, 2023, 1:33 p.m.

Posted by: Shayxix

So I hear. Will be open all year. trails are being constructed at this moment. Lift will go in the following year… ..or something like that I hear.

This is proving to be just as reliable as it sounded at the time... "Not at all reliable".

April 12, 2023, 3:22 p.m.

So CGP is now the same price as Whistler for a day pass? Maybe I am missing something...

April 12, 2023, 4:21 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

So CGP is now the same price as Whistler for a day pass? Maybe I am missing something...

Looks like $84. Whistler shows $84 for last year, I don't think they've announced 2023 prices yet? Might be closer to $100 this year.

April 14, 2023, 3:08 p.m.

CGP is fun once in a while if you are craving park and it's not Whistler season (less so if you aren't a double black jump line guy, I am not) but combined with the ferry it's too expensive for what it is... only been once in the last couple years.

April 14, 2023, 3:13 p.m.

Posted by: [email protected]

Posted by: shoreboy

Looks like $84. Whistler shows $84 for last year, I don't think they've announced 2023 prices yet? Might be closer to $100 this year.

with Fitz chair closed and numerous rolling trail closures, surely it won't increase but Vail....  could be $200 for a half a day and there would be lineups.  Sun Peaks and Silver Start > WBP

April 18, 2023, 11:59 a.m.

Sun Peaks is amazing, with the new chair/jump lines it's so much fun to ride there. Anyone that is asking about bike park trips from WA/AB etc. I tell them just go to Sun Peaks, forget about Whistler until Fitz 8 pack is up.

April 18, 2023, 12:22 p.m.

I rode CGP once when we were camping at Porpoise Bay. I'm not a jumper so once I had done all the singletracks and the easier jump lines a few times I got bored pretty quickly. The trails were in perfect shape but with <150 m elevation the laps are so short.

I ended up riding out of the park and descending Huggies back to the campground, I think that was my favourite part of the day.

Never been to Sun Peaks but it looks pretty good. For sure a lot more trails and elevation for $77 compared to CGP at $84.....

Being in my first year on the island, I'll be getting my occasional park laps in at Mt Washington this summer, a 35 minutes drive from home.

April 24, 2023, 4:41 p.m.

I usually have a blast at CGP as it's the only game in town during some parts of the year when I want to ride DH and WBP is closed. The vibe is always great, last time I was there I got to watch (and shuttle with) some Red Bull pros riding on one of the days too. It is what it is - if I didn't want to ride DH stuff there's a lot of incredible trails nearby.
Up against WBP and Sun Peaks it pales but I do enjoy the sum of the parts.
I also agree - Huggies all the way down to Porpoise is a great way to wrap it all up.