2x bikes stolen in Squamish

March 2, 2024, 4:35 p.m.

Hey all, had my 2 bikes stolen in Squamish this week. Thieves broke into the parkade of my apartment building at night, cut a hole in the door of the bike locker then cut the locks off of my bikes. They grabbed 5 in total, probably over 30K worth.

My bikes are a 2023 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo. Zeb on the front and a super deluxe on rear. Chromag bits and bronze tubeless stems. S5 size

2021 Commencal FRS, XL. Pretty stock other than a Fox X2 and chromag handlebars and seat.

it has been reported to police and theres a file open. Have the serial number of Stumpjumper but sadly not the Commencal as I bought that one used and never bothered to write it down. Really thought they woulda been safe through 3 sets of locks but clearly not. Seems like it was pretty well thought out and not just random homeless/crackheads. Make sure you airtag your bikes or something people

March 2, 2024, 9:55 p.m.

Damn. Sorry to hear about this.  I had the same thing happen before.  Please tell me you have insurance?

March 3, 2024, 10 p.m.

Scour the classifieds. Recovered my bikes a couple months after burglary when they popped up for sale.

March 4, 2024, 7:31 p.m.

Posted by: Ride.DMC

Damn. Sorry to hear about this.  I had the same thing happen before.  Please tell me you have insurance?

Stumpjumper is insured for $9000.  The Commencal is not actually listed on my insurance but policy pays up to $3000 for bikes that aren't listed, so hopefully I can get the majority of money back. 

And ya I've been checking FB and Craigslist everyday. Pretty sure I'll never see them again but you never know.

March 11, 2024, 10:39 a.m.

sorry to hear about that.  glad you have insurance. 

on a side note, i've also read on reddit that someone else had their bike stolen at locavore. 

3-4 weeks ago someone was eying and checking (almost touching) my bike on the car rack while i was eating at purebread. 

time to be a bit more careful and attentive, specially with the high season approaching.

March 11, 2024, 11:52 a.m.

Moved to "Stolen" forum.