Good PT's in Vancouver!

Jan. 12, 2024, 9:11 a.m.

Any recommendations for a good physio in the Vancouver area?

I'm moving to Vancouver in February, but my old knee injury from racing BMX means mountain biking is currently off the cards, which feels like living in a cake shop whilst being on a diet! I'd love to find a physio with a cycling background who cane maybe fix this ongoing issue.

Jan. 12, 2024, 6:24 p.m.

I'll recommend Mary Stern at Trinity Physio in Burnaby, on the Van/Burnaby border. What makes her great is that she is a good detective and is proactive in figuring what the issue is and finding solutions to solve it - ie she doesn't automatically follow standard protocol. I'm have a sport science background and have been a trainer coach, so my understanding of sport injuries is pretty decent and the first thing I consider/evaluate anytime I've been to see any sort of physio/chrio/massage/etc is considering the type of questions they ask the client (me) about the injury and their history. The better a practitioner is at being a detective the greater chance they're going to be able to find a solution for your problem.

Jan. 17, 2024, 7:23 a.m.

Thanks a lot for that, I will check her out.