Aenomally Switchgrade

Feb. 13, 2024, 12:38 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: AndrewMajor

Posted by: Sethimus

do you have it in the middle = 0° position? they advertise like 5 different configurations to mount

does it really feel like the saddle has more drop in the downhill position or does it just equalize the amount it adds to initial saddle height?

The Middle position is a neutral/flat position. From there you have two other positions on the current unit, one (climb) that drops the nose -10° and one (descend) that raises the nose +12°.

Assuming you do not change the amount of drop your post has (e.g. 170mm post becomes 170mm post + Switchgrade) it does feel like an increase in drop on steep descents. Yes, this does require you to insert your dropper further into your frame, but the amount of increase from DH mode feels like a greater amount of bike-body separation than the extra height the clamp adds if that makes sense.

I didn't use the nose-drop climb mode much as I prefer my saddle ~ level and run my bars fairly high, but I did really enjoy the downhill position. I'd like a two-position Switchgrade that was just neutral and descend. 

https://nsmb.com/articles/aenomaly-constructs-switchgrade-saddle-angle-adjuster/

It seems like a lot of people would prefer this product if it was 2-position rather than 3. Dear Aenomaly.

I definitely find the 'climb' and 'neutral' positions the most useful but having the 'descend' option doesn't detract from the design. I will use it on sustained downhills not for the saddle clearance but because the nose-up angle makes it easier to use the front of the saddle to manouver the bike using your legs.

Feb. 16, 2024, 12:45 a.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: AndrewMajor

do you have it in the middle = 0° position? they advertise like 5 different configurations to mount

does it really feel like the saddle has more drop in the downhill position or does it just equalize the amount it adds to initial saddle height?

The Middle position is a neutral/flat position. From there you have two other positions on the current unit, one (climb) that drops the nose -10° and one (descend) that raises the nose +12°.

Assuming you do not change the amount of drop your post has (e.g. 170mm post becomes 170mm post + Switchgrade) it does feel like an increase in drop on steep descents. Yes, this does require you to insert your dropper further into your frame, but the amount of increase from DH mode feels like a greater amount of bike-body separation than the extra height the clamp adds if that makes sense.

I didn't use the nose-drop climb mode much as I prefer my saddle ~ level and run my bars fairly high, but I did really enjoy the downhill position. I'd like a two-position Switchgrade that was just neutral and descend.

https://nsmb.com/articles/aenomaly-constructs-switchgrade-saddle-angle-adjuster/

It seems like a lot of people would prefer this product if it was 2-position rather than 3. Dear Aenomaly.

Oh we're definitely listening... hearing you all loud and clear.

We'll be at the BC Bike Show in a couple weeks, March 2nd and 3rd, Booth B311.If anyone's thinking of going be sure to stop by and say hi! We've got a 'couple' interesting things to show. ;)

Feb. 16, 2024, 9:17 a.m.

Like.

Feb. 17, 2024, 7:31 p.m.

After riding with this for a while I am convinced that it has increased my success rate on Warden's climb. Steep tech climbs seems to be where it makes the most noticeable difference to me.

Feb. 20, 2024, 12:02 p.m.

Posted by: skooks

After riding with this for a while I am convinced that it has increased my success rate on Warden's climb. Steep tech climbs seems to be where it makes the most noticeable difference to me.

Oh that’s a tough one! Will have to give it a go next time I’m on Fromme. Yes definitely helps with the steep tech like Imby or the long ones like Nimby.

March 12, 2024, 12:18 a.m.

Posted by: AenomalyConstructs

We'll be at the BC Bike Show in a couple weeks, March 2nd and 3rd, Booth B311.If anyone's thinking of going be sure to stop by and say hi! We've got a 'couple' interesting things to show. ;)

any news on that?

May 8, 2024, 12:31 p.m.

I have been noticing (and appreciating) how the SG steepens the effective seat-tube angle in climb mode. I think this may be an even bigger benefit than saddle tilt for seated climbing on steep tech, although the nose-down saddle is definitely more comfortable.

Old and slow

May 9, 2024, 1:40 a.m.

I have been noticing (and appreciating) how the SG steepens the effective seat-tube angle in climb mode. I think this may be an even bigger benefit than saddle tilt for seated climbing on steep tech, although the nose-down saddle is definitely more comfortable.

would you offer up 10mm of drop for that?

May 9, 2024, 12:46 p.m.

would you offer up 10mm of drop for that?

Not sure what you mean. I did have to insert the post a bit further into the frame but still have full dropper travel. If you are referring to reduced seat height when the saddle is tilted down that's not something I really notice.